07/02/2014

Song Listening


I always recommend my dear students to listen to songs in English so as to improve their learning.
This song I've always loved.  I learnt it  by heart when I was only 15! 
Today I wanted to share it with all of you.
I hope you like it too!


 Lyrics
  My   Melancholy Blues  (Freddie Mercury)
Another party's over
And I'm left cold sober
My baby left me for somebody new
I don't wanna talk about it
Want to forget about it
Wanna be intoxicated with that special brew
So come and get me
Let me
Get in that sinking feeling
That says my heart is on an all time low - so
Don't expect me
To behave perfectly
And wear that sunny smile
My guess is I'm in for a cloudy and overcast
Don't try and stop me
'Cause I'm heading for that stormy weather soon
I'm causing a mild sensation
With this new occupation
I'm permanently glued
To this extraordinary mood, so now move over
And let me take over
With my melancholy blues
       ¯ ¯¯

I'm causing a mild sensation
With this new occupation
I'm in the news
I'm just getting used to my new exposure
Come into my enclosure
And meet my melancholy blues.                                      CHEERS,  FREDDIE, wherever you are!  J
_____________________________
[LIVE Concert, here]

PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT :-)

Enjoy yourselves this weekend


D.

 

9 comments:

  1. "Don't try and stop me
    'Cause I'm heading for that stormy weather soon..."

    Mercury is amazing.

    Thanks for these minutes with "melancholy".

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard this song...... Mercury left an enormous musical inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Freddy Mercury, but I think this song is too sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard this song...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry
    I've never listened this song.
    I don't like Mercury ver y much.
    But always is interesting listen songs in english to ptactise.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really relaxing......

    incredible clothes and haircuts... it reminds me of my childood

    ReplyDelete